Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thinking Ahead

I need to put up our little tree.
The holidays seem to be just sneaking right up on me.
Maybe it was because I was so busy with NaNoWriMo in November.

I'm working on an art quilt at the moment that will be a gift.
The first one that I've worked on in a while. I'm enjoying it but I forgot how long this takes. Writing is so much faster.

I've been thinking more of the year ahead than the winter holidays themselves.

Looking back on my early plans for 2013 is kind of sad and disappointing.
There was only one goal that I stuck with and that was writing.

So many other things got left behind. Not really out of apathy or neglect but out of a conscious decision to let those things go for a while and maybe that was okay. Maybe that was what I needed.

I don't feel that 2013 has been bad. It has been productive with the writing even if it wasn't with much else.

I have plans to get back to photography with the coming year as well as with art. I don't want to let go of the writing either though.
I need to find a way to bring it all in. To balance it all.
Or as much as I can anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment