Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014 Word of the Year: Hope

 I like the whole word of the year thing.

I picked a word for 2013 but didn't end up doing much with it.
I picked "open" and by the middle of the year it wasn't resonating with me much at all.

But I am not going to let that stop me from trying again for 2014.

For 2014 I knew what word I wanted a month ago. It wasn't like last year when I had to brainstorm for what felt like ages as the new year approached. No, this time I knew I wanted "hope" to be my word.

It didn't even make the list of possible contenders last year. It's something that I'm not comfortable with but I've been inspired by my new favorite TV show: Once Upon a Time.
One of the major themes of the show is hope and it is something I want to explore more. Something that I want to learn to do more. To hold on to more.

Which is why the imperfect hearts art quilts have had some sort of "hope" message on them. I've already started working with the word.


hope3
Another one of my imperfect hearts. This one was a gift for my mother so I couldn't post it earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment