Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thoughts on Inner Excavation Chapter 6

The title of Chapter 6 is: I open my heart. The idea here is to be creative with someone else or in a group. I see people talking about getting together with a friend and doing one of the exercises, but besides my husband I don't really have any friends around here and not even all that many online. I could have put in a request for someone to work with over in the Flickr group but honestly I just couldn't bring myself to do that. It reminds me too much of school when no one wanted me as a lab partner or when no one wanted me to be in some other sort of group some teacher or other tried to split us up in during some class or other. I didn't like it then and I don't feel up to it now.

I thought about trying to do something with my husband but he's busy and works third shift so trying to get together for this sort of thing during the week just doesn't work. I find trying to work in a group or with a partner I don't know well and trust to be very triggery. So in the interest in taking care of myself I'm pretty much skipping this week's stuff.

I like working alone. I'm very much an introvert and I'm okay with that. Maybe later during the weekend or next week the husband and I can get together and take portraits of each other but I'm not going to stress if it doesn't happen. I've had fun with this read along of Inner Excavation and I feel I already did a lot of work with it.

This week has been stressful. Between bank error issues (resolved thankfully) and a heat wave that only just broke, I haven't been feeling very creative or motivated to go outside and take photos (or go outside at all during the day.) I have been putting in some good reading time though, so that's been fun. I'm almost finished with Laura Anne Gilman's Retrievers series and have been totally loving it.

I've also done a bit of embroidery work on my whale art quilt. I do love playing with fun threads.

time to sew

No comments:

Post a Comment