Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The 12 Seeds Project

 I haven't written about the 12 Seeds Project here yet...

At the beginning of the year my husband and I decided to do a joint art project that ties in our spirituality. I've been calling it our joint art/spirit project but then we named it Twelve Seeds.

Each month there is a theme that will inspire us to do a finished piece of art of at least 8x8 inches in the medium(s) of our choosing with an optional bit of writing a bit of poetry in the theme as well.

We're trying to inspire each other.

I may also tie in extra art work and writing with the themes as well. We'll see. I like the idea of themes :) I'm not sure if I'm going to make art quilts or paint or something. I may mix it up or I may stay with the same thing for each of the months. I'm not sure yet.

The Twelve Themes:

January--Winter
February--Shadows
March--Storms
April--Seeds
May--Crossroads
June--Growth
July--Stars
August--Sun
September--Trees
October--Bones
November--Roots
December--Joy

8x8 inches min.
Finished Piece
Any Medium
+Poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment