Monday, May 20, 2013

What Am I Doing Here?

#228 

I’m not really sure what I’m doing with this blog. I originally started it when I was making art on a regular basis as a kind of public blog for my creative project. Something to link to when I didn’t want to link to my less public dreamwidth account.

But I’ve been out of visual art mode for a while now. I’ve been trying to work on my writing. I have been working on my writing, not just trying but it’s been slow going.

I’m working on an unnamed writing project at the moment. I’m working out background stuff and writing little character bits, though not all the characters have names yet. I’m slowly fleshing things out.

I did work on another project in April during Camp NaNoWriMo. That was fun and it kept me writing but the thing I was working on wasn’t holding my interest. I think I’m going to skip that sort of challenge for a bit now and focus on fleshing out this story I’m working on at whatever pace works for me. The key will be to just keep writing.

I’m still taking daily photos and I’m reading a lot (though not as much as I’d like) plus I’ve started working out again. I need to counter all the time I spend sitting around. Mostly I’ve been walking and dancing.  I feel it's been helping my headspace in general and in my creative pursuits.

So what is the future of this blog?

I don't know. I would like to post about the writing process as well as write about the books I love and maybe a bit about shows I love as well. I also plan to keep posting my photography.

I'm not sure how regular it is going to be but I'm hoping I can make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment